St. Alban's Chapel

St. Alban's Chapel

Ever since it was consecrated on Oct. 3, 1954, St. Alban's Chapel has stood as the spiritual and physical center of ‘Iolani School.

A new organ was installed in 1990. Mrs. Joanne Coon, wife of then-Headmaster Rev. David P. Coon, suggested the design for a large stained glass window, which was further developed and donated by Mr. and Mrs. Randall L. Chun and Dr. and Mrs. Harry M. Ishida.

Koa pews, a koa altar and sanctuary appointments were dedicated in 1995, gifts of the families of Kwai Dick and Evelyn Chun, and C.Q. Yee Hop. St. Alban's seats 500 students and is used for required school chapel services.

St. Alban was the first martyr of the ancient English Church. His name also was bestowed upon St. Alban's College, one of several early predecessors of ‘Iolani School.