How to Apply for Financial Aid
Online Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) available: Nov. 2, 2016
Deadline to submit PFS and all required documents: Feb. 15, 2017
How to complete the online Parents' Financial Statement (PFS)
- Go to the SSS website at http://sss.nais.org/parents
- Click on the "Apply Now" button to enter the PFS Online.
- Login to the PFS Online. If previously applied for aid, enter your login and password.
- Begin a PFS for academic year 2017-18.
- Submit your PFS and pay the $48 application fee.
- Upload your documents via the "Manage Documents" tab on PFS Online -- OR -- Download the SSS cover sheet and mail all documents directly to SSS for processing (postmarked by Feb. 15, 2017).
Electronic copies of the following documents are required to complete your financial aid application:
- Signed copy of filed 2016 IRS 1040 Form including all schedules and attachments
- Signed copy of filed 2016 State Taxes including all schedules and attachments
- Copy of 2016 W-2’s (all pages) and 1099s, in their entirety
- End of year (2016) paycheck stub(s)
- Form 4506-T, signed (not dated)
- Mortgage balance statement(s) for all residential and investment properties
- Copy of filed 2016 Business Tax Returns and/or K1s
- Financial Aid award letters for school year for all children in tuition charging schools, 1098T for college students
- FBAR/International Assets Form/ IRS Form 3520
- SNAP/Housing Benefit Statement(s)
- Non-custodial parent's PFS and corresponding documents
Please read over our Information, Timetable and FAQs (PDF) to ensure you have met all application requirements.
If your child is offered admission to grades 6-12, and you have met all the deadlines and requirements, you will receive your financial aid award notification in early April. If your child is offered admission to kindergarten, you will receive notification in early May.
Current recipients/Returning students
If your family submits the PFS and all the required documents by the deadline, you will receive financial aid notification by end of May.
Because 90 percent of our financial aid funds are distributed to those meeting the February deadline. All late applicants will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and no later than June 1. Please call the Financial Aid Office as soon as possible if you have missed a deadline.