Deadline to submit PFS and all required documents: February 15, 2013
How to complete the paper Parents' Financial Statement (PFS)
Choose one of the three options below:
- Go online to http://sss.nais.org/parents and from the dropdown menu "Apply for Financial Aid" select Forms & Instructions. Download the paper PFS to complete and submit to SSS.
- If you are an admission candidate, click HERE to request a paper application. You will receive your requested paper application in December 2012.
If you are a current 'Iolani family, click HERE to request a paper application. You will receive your requested paper application in December 2012.
To complete your financial aid application, copies of the required documents listed below must be sent with your PFS to SSS by February 15, 2013. (Include your Required Documents Cover Sheet, indicating the documents enclosed.)
- Signed 2012 Federal Income Tax Return (IRS 1040), including all schedules and attachments as filed
- Signed 2012 Hawaii (or state of residency) Income Tax Return (Form N-11, pages 1-4)
- 2012 W-2 Wage and Tax Statement(s) and/or 1099 earning statement(s) [Note: Hawaii state employees submit Copy C of W2 and W2 information.]
- Most recent paycheck stub
- Signed IRS Form 4506-T (request for transcript of tax return) -- click HERE to download
- Current property assessment information for all real estate owned
- Non-filing Income Tax Statement if parent(s) do not file taxes -- click HERE to download
- Other supporting documents e.g. business taxes, student's tax return, court documents, benefit statements for Social Security, retirement, welfare, veteran's benefits, workers compensation, unemployment compensation, COLA, disability insurance, any other income or benefits
Mail documents to SSS at this address:
School and Student Services
PO Box 449
Randolph, MA 02368-0449
If your child is offered admission to grades 6-12, and you have met all the deadlines and requirements, you will receive your financial aid award notification in early April. If your child is offered admission to kindergarten, you will receive notification in early May.
Current Recipients/Returning Students
If your family submits the PFS and all the required documents by the deadline, you will receive financial aid notification by end of May.
We accept late financial aid applications. However, 80% of our financial aid funds are distributed to those meeting the February deadline. If you miss the deadline, please submit the PFS and required documents as soon as possible, but no later than June 1. Late applicants will receive notification by the end of June.