Class of 2023
Class of 2023Carrie Koga & Sandra Nakao
This webpage is your link to ‘Iolani ‘Ohana events and a way for Class of 2023 parents stay connected. Check back often as we will post information regarding ‘Ohana events and activities. We hope your ‘Iolani experience will be as meaningful for you as it is for your child.
We are your Class of 2023 ‘Ohana Representatives for the 2013-14 school year. Please contact us if you have any questions or you would like to get involved. Mahalo for your participation and support!
Please check the class website regularly for important information and monthly calendars.
UPDATED: December 12, 2013
1. Third Grade Christmas Party - Coming up on Thurday, December 19!
- Gently used book donation for the community service project - Starting on Monday, Dec. 16, a collection box will be in each classroom. Students can simply bring in the book as is, no gift wrapping needed because we will be inserting bookmarks into each book before presenting them to Kapiolani Medical Center. Thank you!
- Game facilitators - We are looking for a time keeper for Mrs. Kim's class and a few more game leaders (activities and supplies are already planned and ready). Please contact Chris Yoshiyama if you'd like to participate in this way that day! Thank you!
Lots of fun ahead! Thank you to teacher-in-charge Mrs. Pam Shim, event chair Mrs. Chris Yoshiyama, and committee for planning this event for the class!
Schedule for the day shown below:
2. Parent Feedback - An online survey from the K-12 curriculum committee is available for you to participate in. It contains 21 brief questions. The News & Links email from Thursday (Dec. 12) includes access to the survey. Or email us and we will be happy to provide you with the link. Thank you!
3. Teacher News - For your convenience, the Third Grade newsletter and calendar for December are copied below from our third grade class website: http://tinyurl.com/grade3news. Also, attached at the bottom is a copy of the third grade handbook, which has helpful information on classroom and homework expectations. Thank you!
Thank You, Event Chairs! - We've updated the below school schedule with our contact teachers and event chairs! Thank you so much! All of you are incredible! We have ONE last opening: Fair Booth Shadowing for the Water Race booth, in which you can team up with another family to help share the time committment and responsibilities! Shadowing booths this year for a few hours during the Fair will enable us to be well prepared for smooth booth running in our 4th grade year! Email us if you are interested and we'd be happy to provide more information. Thank you!
REMAINING DATES FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2013-2014
Friday, December 6, 2013 - Lunch Order Forms for Christmas Party due (attn: Chris Yoshiyama, 3-Okino)
Monday, December 16 to Friday, December 20, 2013 - Optional, Gently Used Book due (collection boxes are in each classroom). As part of our 3rd Grade community service project, these books will be donated to Kapiolani Medical Center.
Thursday, December 19, 2013, 11 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. – 3rd Grade Christmas Party (Teacher-in-Charge: Mrs. Pam Shim, Chair: Mrs. Chris Yoshiyama)
Friday, December 20, 2013 to Sunday, January 5, 2014 - Christmas Vacation
Monday, January 6, 2014 - School Resumes
Monday, January 20, 2014 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day School Holiday
Thursday, February 6, 2014
- Parents Only Event at 5:00 p.m. with Dinner (Chair: Mrs. Keriann Osada)
- Mandatory Mini Society Parent Orientation Meeting from 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. (Teacher-in-Charge: Mrs. Addie Kim)
Tuesday, February 11, 2014, 7:45 a.m. to 10 a.m. - Kapahulu Walk Excursion for 3-DH (Teacher-in-Charge: Mrs. Susan Okino, Chair: Mrs. Chris Yoshiyama)
Thursday, February 13, 2014, 8:00 a.m. to 10 a.m. - Kapahulu Walk Excursion for 3-EWA (Teacher-in-Charge: Mrs. Susan Okino, Chair: Mrs. Lisa Tamura-Tanoue)
Monday, February 17, 2014 - Presidents' Day School Holiday
Friday, February 28, 2014, 7:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. – Space Night (Teacher-in-Charge: Mrs. Kathe Warner, Co-chairs: Mrs. Dawn Hirano and Mrs. Leah Takeuchi, Faculty Liaison: Mrs. Kat Takazawa)
Friday, February 28, 9:30 p.m. - March 1, 9:00 a.m. - Space Camp (Co-chairs: Mrs. Karen Huang, Mr. Fred Pascua)
Friday, March 21 to Sunday, March 30, 2014 - Spring Break
Friday, April 18, 2014 - Good Friday School Holy Day, Campus Closed
Friday, April 25 and Saturday, April 26, 2014, 12 noon to 10:30 p.m. – ‘Iolani Family Fair Circus Dreams
- 3rd Grade Booth - Knock the Pins (Co-chairs: Mrs. Sherri Iha and Mrs. Kory Kado-Fukuda)
- 3rd Grade Booth - Ping Pong Toss (Co-chairs: Mr. and Mrs. Brennon and Jeanine Morioka, Mr. and Mrs. Chad and Jennifer Willing)
- Will Call (Co-chairs: Mr. and Mrs. Sayle and Lori Hirashima, Mr. and Mrs. Ed and Maya Matsuda)
- Manpower (Co-chairs: Mrs. Denise Haga and Mrs. Kristi Kai)
- 4th Grade Booth Shadows - Mini Basketball (Co-chairs: Mr. and Mrs. Curtis and Susan Abe, Mr. and Mrs. Colin and Chris Yoshiyama)
- 4th Grade Booth Shadows - Water Race (TBD)
- 4th Grade Booth Shadows - Chicken in the Pot (Co-chairs: Mrs. Terri Gushiken and Mr. Roy Kuroda)
Monday, April 28, 2014 - Head of School's Day School Holiday
Friday, May 2, 2014, Blaisdell Concert Hall - Spring Dance Showcase (Teacher-in-Charge: Mrs. Lisa Simon, Costume Chair: Mrs. Denise Haga)
- Tuesday, April 29 2:30 - 3:00 p.m. Rehearsal in Lower School Dance Room, 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. Continue Rehearsal in Upper School Dance Room
- Wednesday, April 30 2:30 - 3:00 p.m. Rehearsal in Lower School Dance Room, 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. Continue Rehearsal in Upper School Dance Room
- Thursday, May 1 2:30 - 3:00 p.m. Rehearsal in Lower School Dance Room, 3:00 - 3:45 p.m. Continue Rehearsal in Upper School Dance Room
- Friday, May 2 4:45 - 6:15 p.m. Pre-performance rehearsal at Neal Blaisdell Concert Hall
Thursday, May 8, 2014, 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., Convention Drive Lawn - Mini Society Parent Day
Monday, May 26, 2014 - Memorial Day School Holiday
Thursday, June 5, 2014, 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – End of the Year Field Day and Early Dismissal (Teacher-in-Charge: Mrs. Susan Maeda, Co-chairs: Mrs. Jen Moku and Mrs. Cheryl Yamamoto)