1:1 iPad Program
‘Iolani School is committed to equipping students with the knowledge, skills and technology that will enable them to succeed in and be prepared for a fast-changing world. Thus, ‘Iolani instituted a One-to-One iPad Initiative in 2013 with a plan to replace and upgrade student devices on a 3-year rotation. New devices were purchased for the 2019/2020 school year.
- What iPad model does 'Iolani provide?
- What new changes will be in place for the upcoming iPad deployment?
- I need to purchase an iBook. Can I do this on my iPad?
- My student received an email from Apple about an email change. What do I have to do?
- Will I be able to use my iPad for summer reading?
- I have an Apple Pencil. Will it work with the new iPad?
- I would like to use an app the school does not provide. Can I still get it?
- A website with educational value is being blocked by the web filter. How can I access it?
Starting in August 2019 with the new iPads, ‘Iolani School will make the following changes (some have been in effect for select students prior to the new deployment):
- No App Store for all students K-12 - ‘Iolani School will provide all apps necessary for school work.
- Off-campus web and network filter for all students K-12 - All students will continually have web content filtered on the iPad. If a device is used off campus (at home or otherwise), all inappropriate content will be blocked from being accessed in the iPad.
- Managed Apple IDs - ‘Iolani will be providing Apple IDs for all students K-12. These accounts will have 200GB of storage to allow iCloud backups to occur. This service also allows teachers to utilize some of Apple's newer school services such as Apple Schoolwork and Apple Classroom.
- No iMessage from iPads - in order to increase security and decrease classroom distraction, iMessage will be unavailable on all iPads.
Before getting started, determine the Apple account in which the purchase will be made. 'Iolani-managed Apple ID accounts (Apple ID's where the ending is @iolani.org) CANNOT be used to make purchases. A personal or family Apple ID is recommended to purchase iBooks on your iPad.
→ If you need to create an Apple ID for your student to use, one can be created by going to http://appleid.apple.com and clicking "Create your Apple ID". Fill out the form using your student's email address, but change the ending to @apple.iolani.org. For instance, if your student's 'Iolani email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, the Apple ID should be email@example.com.
- On the iPad, find and tap the Settings App
- On the right side, tap iTunes & App Store
- Tap the Apple ID on the top
- Tap Sign Out
- Tap Sign In
- Use the Apple ID email and password of the account in which you would like to make the iBook purchase.
→ If you have purchased an iBook in the past using an @iolani.org email address, you can log in with that same account by using @apple.iolani.org as the ending.
- You can now search for and purchase any iBook needed for the school year.
Note: It is important that all students stay logged in to their managed Apple ID in iCloud. This allows the iPad to take advantage of the 200GB of backup and data space provided by the school and also allows the iPad to work with some of the teacher’s apps like Apple Schoolwork. If configured correctly, the iCloud would look like this:
Upper School: Apple changed the Pencil design for the NEW iPad Pro. Therefore, the Gen 1 Apple Pencil which was previously compatible will NOT work with the new iPad Pro. The new iPad Pro will only work with the Gen 2 Apple Pencil.
Please use this App Request Form. If the requested app conforms to the ‘Iolani acceptable use policy, we will consider adding it to your iPad. Generally, only apps which have educational value are added. Games and entertainment apps will not be added.