Boarding Financial Aid
‘Iolani School is committed to enrolling qualified students from a wide range of experiences and backgrounds.
To that end, we support an extensive financial aid program to assist students in their desire to attend ‘Iolani School.
Financial need is the difference between family resources and the educational expenses of a student. We do not award scholarships based on academic, athletic or artistic merit. To determine a family's ability to pay tuition, we use the School and Student Services (SSS) financial aid portal. The SSS analysis helps us to objectively determine what a family is able to contribute for educational expenses and is a critical component in our financial aid decision. Aid is granted on an annual basis to families who show financial need, and is renewable each year as long as the family completes the financial aid process in a timely manner and continues to qualify.
Financial aid is not available to international students in the boarding program. All applicants must be able to furnish US tax documents. Please read over our FAQ below to ensure you have met all application requirements.
How to apply for financial aid
- Go to the School & Student Services (SSS) website.
- Login to the PFS Online. If previously applied for aid, enter your login and password. New users should create an account.
- Upload your documents to SSS - OR - Mail all documents directly to SSS for processing (postmarked by Feb. 15, 2023).
- Filed 2021 IRS 1040 Form including all schedules and attachments (no drafts)
- Filed 2021 State Taxes including all schedules and attachments (no drafts)
- All 2021 W2’s (all pages), in their entirety, no cut outs
- All 2022 W2's (all pages), in their entirety, no cut outs
- December 2022 paycheck stub
- ‘Iolani School Supplemental Questionnaire (available in SSS)
Required, if Applicable:
- Recent monthly Mortgage(s)/ HELOC balance statement(s) for all residential and investment properties
- Filed 2021 Business Tax Returns (IRS Form 1120S, 1065 or 1120)
- All 2021 K1s (business, trusts, partnerships, investments, etc.)
- Financial Aid award letters for all siblings attending a tuition charging school (PS-12), 1098T for college students
- FBAR/International Assets Form/ IRS Form 3520
- SNAP/Housing Benefit Statement(s)
- Unemployment Benefit/ Worker's compensation/ TDI statement(s)
- Non-custodial parent's PFS and corresponding documents
If your child is offered admission to grades 9-12, and you have met all the deadlines and requirements, you will receive your financial aid award within two week of receiving your admission decision. You will receive financial aid notification via the Office the Financial Aid.
- Will my child’s admission be affected if we apply for financial aid?
- Are there academic, athletic or musical scholarships that my child can apply for?
- How is financial aid determined after I have submitted my Financial Aid Application?
- What happens in cases where parents are divorced, separated or never married?
- What happens if a biological parent cannot be contacted or his/her whereabouts is unknown?
- A parent may marry, remarry or establish a permanent relationship with another adult. Will that person's financial circumstances be considered in the financial aid award for my child?
- Will my child's financial aid award change from year to year? What if our household income changes?
- We have other children applying to or attending tuition charging institutions. Must we also apply for financial aid from those schools?
- As a recipient of financial aid, will my child have to take on extra responsibility, such as a campus job?
- Will we have to repay any financial aid we receive?
FINANCIAL AID CALENDAR
September 1, 2022 - Portal Opens
Financial aid applications for the 2023-24 school year are available online at the SSS Family Portal.
October 15, 2022 - Deadline for RETURNING students
Returning families deadline for 2023-24 school year. Learn more here.
February 15, 2023 - Deadline for NEW students
Deadline -- PFS and all required documents must be received by SSS.
Families of newly admitted 9-12th grade students receive financial aid award letters.
Please contact our office should you have any questions regarding the financial aid process.
‘Iolani School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, age or disability in areas of admission, financial aid, athletics or other school administered programs.