For those inquiring about Covid-19 Aid, please scroll down to the LATE Applicants section to learn more.
‘Iolani School is committed to enrolling qualified students from a wide range of experiences and backgrounds. To that end, we support an extensive financial aid program to assist students in their desire to attend ‘Iolani School. Currently 24 percent of our day student body receives aid.
Financial need is the difference between family resources and the educational expenses of a student. We do not award scholarships based on academic, athletic or artistic merit. To determine a family's ability to pay tuition, we use the School and Student Services (SSS) financial aid portal. The SSS analysis helps us to objectively determine what a family is able to contribute for educational expenses and is a critical component in our financial aid decision. Aid is granted on an annual basis to families who show financial need, and is renewable each year as long as the family completes the financial aid process in a timely manner and continues to qualify.
Financial aid is not available to international students in the boarding program. Please read over our Information, Timetable and FAQs (PDF) to ensure you have met all application requirements.
How to apply for financial aid
- Go to the SSS website at https://www.solutionsbysss.com/parents
- Login to the PFS Online. If previously applied for aid, enter your login and password. New users should create an account.
- Upload your documents to SSS - OR - Mail all documents directly to SSS for processing (postmarked by Feb. 15, 2020).
Electronic copies of the following documents are required to complete your financial aid application. We do not require hard copies to be delivered.
- Signed copy of filed 2019 IRS 1040 Form including all schedules and attachments
- Signed copy of filed 2019 State Taxes including all schedules and attachments
- Copies of 2019 W-2’s (all pages) and 1099s, in their entirety, no cut outs
- End of year (2019) paycheck stub(s)
Required, if Applicable:
- First and Second Mortgage(s)/ HELOC balance statement(s) for all residential and investment properties
- Copy of filed 2019 Business Tax Returns and/or K1s
- Financial Aid award letters for all siblings attending a tuition charging school (PS-12), 1098T for college students
- FBAR/International Assets Form/ IRS Form 3520
- SNAP/Housing Benefit Statement(s)
- Non-custodial parent's PFS and corresponding documents
If your child is offered admission to grades 6-12, and you have met all the deadlines and requirements, you will receive your financial aid award notification in early April. If your child is offered admission to kindergarten, you will receive notification in early May.
Current recipients/Returning students
If your family submits the PFS and all the required documents by the deadline, you will receive financial aid notification by the end of May.
If your family is eligible to apply, and submits the PFS and all the required documents, you will receive financial aid notification via the Boarding Admission Office.
Late applicants/ Covid-19 aid applicants
We understand these are uncertain times for all of us. We pledge to do our best to help families impacted by the current world health concerns. Please keep reading to see how, depending on your situation, you should best proceed.
Newly admitted families
Newly admitted families who have not already applied for aid should contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any immediate concerns.
Families currently on financial aid
For current 'Iolani families who year-over-year apply for financial aid, but need to notify us of your Covid-19 related situation, please contact the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com.
Families not currently on aid, but impacted by Covid-19
Families who did not initially apply for Financial Aid may now do so by submitting an SSS application along with supporting documents through the SSS portal. We have created a dedicated email address to help families apply for Covid-19 Financial Aid.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
FINANCIAL AID CALENDAR
June 2020 to Feb 2021
October 2, 2020
Financial aid applications for the 2019-20 school year are available online at sss.nais.org/parents.
January 5, 2021
Introduction to Financial Aid webinar for all new K-12 financial aid applicants. 6:30 pm HST. RSVP available in December 2020.
February 15, 2021
Deadline -- PFS and all required documents must be received by SSS.
Early April 2021
Families of newly admitted 6-12th grade students receive financial aid award letters.
Early May 2021
Families of newly admitted kindergarten students receive financial aid award letters.
Mid May 2021
Families of current recipients/returning students receive award notification.
Please contact our office should you have any questions regarding the financial aid process.
(808) 943-2222 or email@example.com
‘Iolani School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, age or disability in areas of admission, financial aid, athletics or other school administered programs.