‘Iolani School is committed to enrolling outstanding students from a wide range of experiences and backgrounds.
We look forward to partnering with your family to help make an ‘Iolani School education within reach.
Million Awarded in Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Award
Student Body Receiving Aid
Financial need is the difference between family resources and the educational expenses of a student. We do not award scholarships based on academic, athletic or artistic merit. To determine a family's ability to pay tuition, we use the School and Student Services (SSS) financial aid portal. The SSS analysis helps us to objectively determine what a family is able to contribute for educational expenses and is a critical component in our financial aid decision. Aid is granted on an annual basis to families who show financial need, and is renewable each year as long as the family completes the financial aid process in a timely manner and continues to qualify.
- Will my child’s admission be affected if we apply for financial aid?
- Should our family apply for financial aid?
- How is financial aid determined after I have submitted my Financial Aid Application?
- What happens in cases where parents are divorced, separated or never married?
- What happens if a biological parent cannot be contacted or his/her whereabouts is unknown?
- A parent may marry, remarry or establish a permanent relationship with another adult. Will that person's financial circumstances be considered in the financial aid award for my child?
- Are there academic, athletic or musical scholarships that my child can apply for?
- Can a family apply for a named scholarship?
- Will my child's financial aid award change from year to year? What if our household income changes?
- As a recipient of financial aid, will my child have to take on extra responsibility, such as a campus job?
- We have other children applying to or attending tuition charging institutions. Must we also apply for financial aid from those schools?
- Will we have to repay any financial aid we receive?
- Can my family appeal for additional aid if we feel the amount of the award is insufficient?
- If my family experiences a major financial emergency, will the financial aid program help us?
- Can international students apply for aid?
- Can boarding students apply for aid?
FINANCIAL AID CALENDAR
Sept. 1, 2022 - Portal Opens
Financial aid applications for the 2023-24 school year are available on the SSS Family Portal.
Oct. 15, 2022 - Deadline- Returning Students
Deadline for current or returning ‘Iolani families.
Dec. 2022 - New Student Webinar
"Introduction to Financial Aid" webinar. New K-12 financial aid applicants will be emailed an invitation.
Feb. 2023 - Returning Families Notified (Re-enrollment period)
Returning or current ‘Iolani families will be notified of their 2023-24 financial aid decision.
Feb. 15, 2023 - Deadline- New Students
Deadline for admission applicants. PFS and all required documents must be received by SSS.
Early April 2023 - New 6-12 Grade Notifications
Families of newly admitted grades 6-12 students receive financial aid decision letters.
Early May 2023 - New Kindergarten Notifications
Families of newly admitted kindergarten students receive financial aid decision letters.
Mid May 2023 - Late Applicants Notifications
Families of current recipients/returning students who applied after the deadline will receive award notification.