How to Apply for Financial Aid
Online Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) available: Oct. 2, 2017
Deadline to submit PFS and all required documents: Feb. 15, 2018
How to complete the online Parents' Financial Statement (PFS)
- Go to the SSS website at http://sss.nais.org/parents
- Login to the PFS Online. If previously applied for aid, enter your login and password. New users should create an account.
- Begin a PFS for academic year 2018-19.
- Submit your PFS and pay the $49 application fee.
- Upload your documents via the "Manage Documents" tab on PFS Online -- OR -- Download the SSS cover sheet and mail all documents directly to SSS for processing (postmarked by Feb. 15, 2018).
Electronic copies of the following documents are required to complete your financial aid application:
- Signed copy of filed 2017 IRS 1040 Form including all schedules and attachments
- Signed copy of filed 2017 State Taxes including all schedules and attachments
- Copies of 2017 W-2’s (all pages) and 1099s, in their entirety*
- End of year (2017) paycheck stub(s)
- IRS Form 4506-T, signed (not dated)
*For example, all State of Hawaii employees should submit W2 pages 1& 2
Required, if Applicable:
- Mortgage/ HELOC balance statement(s) for all residential and investment properties**
- Copy of filed 2017 Business Tax Returns and/or K1s
- Financial Aid award letters for all siblings attending a tuition charging school (PS-12), 1098T for college students
- FBAR/International Assets Form/ IRS Form 3520
- SNAP/Housing Benefit Statement(s)
- Non-custodial parent's PFS and corresponding documents
**To include first and second mortgages
Please read over our Information, Timetable and FAQs (PDF) to ensure you have met all application requirements.
If your child is offered admission to grades 6-12, and you have met all the deadlines and requirements, you will receive your financial aid award notification in early April. If your child is offered admission to kindergarten, you will receive notification in early May.
Current recipients/Returning students
If your family submits the PFS and all the required documents by the deadline, you will receive financial aid notification by the end of May.
Because 90 percent of our financial aid funds are distributed to those meeting the February deadline. All late applicants will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and no later than June 1. Please call the Financial Aid Office as soon as possible if you have missed a deadline.