Financial Aid 2021
‘Iolani School is committed to enrolling outstanding students from a wide range of experiences and backgrounds.
We look forward to partnering with your family to make an ‘Iolani education within reach. To that end, we maintain a robust financial aid budget, supporting 25 percent of the 2021-22 student body.
We are committed to the following:
Financial need is the difference between family resources and the educational expenses of a student. We do not award scholarships based on academic, athletic or artistic merit. To determine a family's ability to pay tuition, we use the School and Student Services (SSS) financial aid portal. The SSS analysis helps us to objectively determine what a family is able to contribute for educational expenses and is a critical component in our financial aid decision. Aid is granted on an annual basis to families who show financial need, and is renewable each year as long as the family completes the financial aid process in a timely manner and continues to qualify.
How to apply for financial aid
- Go to the SSS website at https://sssandtadsfa.force.
- Login to the PFS Online. If previously applied for aid, enter your login and password. New users should create an account. ‘Iolani's school code is 4144.
- Upload your documents to SSS - OR - Mail all documents directly to SSS for processing (postmarked by Feb. 15, 2022).
Electronic copies of the following documents are required to complete your financial aid application. We do not require hard copies to be delivered.
- Signed copy of filed 2021 IRS 1040 Form including all schedules and attachments
- Signed copy of filed 2021 State Taxes including all schedules and attachments
- Copies of 2021 W-2’s (all pages) and 1099s, in their entirety, no cut outs
- End of year (2021) paycheck stub(s)
Required, if Applicable:
- First and Second Mortgage(s)/ HELOC balance statement(s) for all residential and investment properties
- Copy of filed 2021 Business Tax Returns and/or K1s
- Financial Aid award letters for all siblings attending a tuition charging school (PS-12), 1098T for college students
- FBAR/International Assets Form/ IRS Form 3520
- SNAP/Housing Benefit Statement(s)
- Non-custodial parent's PFS and corresponding documents
- Unemployment Benefit/ Worker's compensation/ TDI statement(s)
If your child is offered admission to grades 6-11, and you have met all the deadlines and requirements, you will receive your financial aid award notification in early April. If your child is offered admission to kindergarten, you will receive notification in early May.
Current recipients/Returning students
If your family submits the PFS and all the required documents by the deadline, you will receive financial aid notification by the end of May.
- Will my child’s admission be affected if we apply for financial aid?
- Should our family apply for financial aid?
- How is financial aid determined after I have submitted my Financial Aid Application?
- What happens in cases where parents are divorced, separated or never married?
- What happens if a biological parent cannot be contacted or his/her whereabouts is unknown?
- A parent may marry, remarry or establish a permanent relationship with another adult. Will that person's financial circumstances be considered in the financial aid award for my child?
- Are there academic, athletic or musical scholarships that my child can apply for?
- Can a family apply for a named Scholarship?
- Will my child's financial aid award change from year to year? What if our household income changes?
- As a recipient of financial aid, will my child have to take on extra responsibility, such as a campus job?
- We have other children applying to or attending tuition charging institutions. Must we also apply for financial aid from those schools?
- Will we have to repay any financial aid we receive?
- Can my family appeal for additional aid if we feel the amount of the award is insufficient?
- If my family experiences a major financial emergency, will the financial aid program help us?
- Can international students apply for aid?
- Can boarding students apply for aid?
FINANCIAL AID CALENDAR
October 2, 2021
Financial aid applications for the 2022-23 school year are available online at the SSS Family Portal.
December 7, 2021
Introduction to Financial Aid webinar for new K-12 financial aid applicants. 6:30 pm HST.
February 15, 2022
Deadline -- PFS and all required documents must be received by SSS.
Early April 2022
Families of newly admitted 6-12th grade students receive financial aid award letters.
Early May 2022
Families of newly admitted kindergarten students receive financial aid award letters.
Mid May 2022
Families of current recipients/returning students receive award notification.
‘Iolani School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, age or disability in areas of admission, financial aid, athletics or other school administered programs.