Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
SCHOOL STATUS: DISTANCE LEARNING RESUMES AFTER SPRING BREAK ON MARCH 30
The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation in our country and our community is developing, and every indication is social distancing is the preeminent strategy to slow the rate of contagion. On Sunday, March 15, out of an abundance of caution and following the advice of medical experts, ‘Iolani School made the decision to immediately suspend on-campus academic operations until further notice. The suspension of on-campus academic operations began on Monday, March 16, four days prior to Spring Break (March 20-27).
Online distance learning for ‘Iolani School students began on Wednesday, March 18, and continued on Thursday, March 19. 'Iolani School's Spring Break began on Friday, March 20. Distance learning will resume after Spring Break on Monday, March 30. (For more information on the school's Distance Learning Plan, please click the tab below.)
‘Iolani School has been planning for this regrettable development and are committed to keeping our families and community safe while also keeping the education of our students our number one priority. Together as One Team, we will maintain excellence in our daily education while also supporting each other through this difficult time.
The option to reopen remains and will be evaluated based on community conditions and safety. At this time, Summer Programs are still scheduled to take place as are full operations for the next school year. Please continue to visit this webpage (www.iolani.org/coronavirus) for further updates.
LIST OF RECENT MAJOR UPDATES TO THIS WEBPAGE
Updated: March 25, 2020
EVENTS: Alumni Golf Tournament moved from Friday, May 15, to Wednesday, Sept. 16
Updated: March 24, 2020
EVENTS: Senior Prom moved from Saturday, April 4, to Saturday, May 30
Updated: March 17, 2020
SCHOOL STATUS: Online distance learning begins on Wednesday, March 18
Updated: March 15, 2020
SCHOOL STATUS: On-campus academics suspension begins on Monday, March 16
Updated: March 13, 2020
EVENTS: ‘Iolani Fair, April 17 and 18, canceled
‘Iolani School is closely monitoring the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by the virus and we want you to know that our No. 1 priority is always the health and safety of our students. The information, policies and procedures outlined below provide an extra level of care and safety in our school community and provide guidance.
ASK ‘IOLANI SCHOOL
As we all continue to adjust to the changing world caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, we know that you may have questions or suggestions regarding a wide variety of topics relating to our school.
Please complete a simple online form below. All your questions will be answered in a timely manner. Mahalo for your patience, strength and resilience.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- NO HANDSHAKING! Use a fist bump, slight bow, elbow bump, etc.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches, elevator buttons, etc.
- Lift the gasoline dispenser with a paper towel or use a disposable glove.
- Open doors with your closed fist or hip
- Use disinfectant wipes at stores, etc.
- Use hand sanitizer after contacting surfaces and throughout the day
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash, and disinfect your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- State of Hawai‘i Department of Heath
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Official Coronavirus Webpage
- CDC Travel Alert Status
- World Health Organization Official Coronavirus Webpage
- CDC Official Map of Confirmed U.S. Cases
- Johns Hopkins CSSE Map of Global Cases
- Public Health Agency of Canada Official Coronavirus Webpage