Give the gift that changes lives
An ‘Iolani School education is the foundation for students to discover their passions, follow their dreams, and grow to become successful future leaders in our communities. The gift of a scholarship / financial aid is truly life-changing for the deserving student receiving the aid.
Each year our scholarship recipients have an opportunity to visit with the donors who support them. This photo was taken for our scholarship breakfast in 2019
More than 25 percent of our
student body receives aid
‘Iolani School is committed to enrolling and serving students from a wide range of demographics, experiences and backgrounds. To make an ‘Iolani education accessible to all who qualify, we support an extensive financial aid program.
Scholarship support is funded through gifts, school revenue and the generosity of hundreds of donors who have established named, endowed scholarships to support students in perpetuity.
Now More Than Ever
Donations to scholarships are always appreciated, but especially so during these unique times. ‘Iolani School wants to ensure every student can continue their education regardless of the changing financial situation for their family during this pandemic. As a result, the need for financial aid has increased substantially.
For the 2020-21 academic year, $7 million in need-based scholarships were awarded to 28 percent of our student body.
Please consider giving the gift of education. Gifts to scholarships may be made in the following ways:
- One time gift to the ‘Iolani Fund:
- When giving to either our annual fund, you may select "Scholarship Support" and your gift will be directed toward ‘Iolani School's scholarship needs for that fiscal year.
- Establish a Scholarship Endowment Fund:
- Leave a lasting legacy or family legacy with ‘Iolani School by creating an endowed scholarship fund. This fund will continue to support students in perpetuity. Endowed scholarships are invested as part of the school's overall endowment portfolio with a small percentage of the fund each year distributed to support the student(s) receiving the scholarship.
- Donors receive regular updates on the student's progress and also have opportunities to meet with him/her during the school year.
- Endowments are established with a gift of $50,000 or more. This amount may be given initially or pledged and funded over five years. Additional contributions to the fund can be made at any time.
- We invite you to join over 140 donors and families who have established endowed funds to provide aid and support for ‘Iolani students. It is truly one of the most rewarding and fulfilling ways to support the school and make a difference in a young person's life.
- Click for list of all endowed funds
Have questions? Or want more information to assist in making your gift? Contact Trisha Takehara at firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 943-2334.
Our hearts are forever grateful to you
For all the gifts you've given us,
The gift of incredible learning,
The gift of mentors who inspire,
The gift of lifelong friendships,
The gift of memories we treasure.
For all the opportunities you've provided
And for all the dreams we share,
We thank you!
Messages of Gratitude
I am incredibly proud to be a Raider and to attend ‘Iolani. I love being a part of such a powerful school, both in academics and spirit. It has always been my dream to go to ‘Iolani School from a young age. I am so grateful now to be able to live out my dreams and to be given such amazing friends, teachers and opportunities. I am grateful for every amazing day I spend at ‘Iolani, because of you.
-- Student from the Class of 2024
With my whole heart, I thank you for the opportunity to attend 'Iolani School. Without you, I would have had limited opportunities to achieve my dreams. I will make the most of your blessings and pursue a successful future where I am blessed to do the same for other children that you have done for me, because I know just how much it means.
-- Student from the Class of 2021