The mission of ‘Iolani School's Summer Programs is to continue the tradition of leadership and academic excellence in offering students from the community and abroad an opportunity to enrich their knowledge and curiosity through engaging curriculum and interactive learning environments in order to foster lifelong learners ready for the 21st century and beyond.
Summer Programs 2021
On-Campus and Online Programs
The On-Campus Program is available to students who attended ʻIolani School for the entirety of the 2020-21 school year, kindergarten applicants and accepted ʻIolani admissions students for the 2021-22 school year, and siblings of ‘Iolani students enrolled for the 2021-22 school year.
Registration for afternoon on-campus courses is limited to students also taking on-campus morning courses. Students registered for only morning classes must be picked up immediately after their last class is dismissed, and are not allowed to stay for lunch. In the interest of student safety, students should be supervised at all times and there should not be any gaps in student schedules of more than 15 minutes.
Please note that on-campus classes may be moved to online instruction at ‘Iolani School's sole discretion as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves. Although it is our desire and intent to provide on-campus instruction for the entire summer, circumstances may necessitate school operations to be moved online.
The Online Program is open to any eligible student based on the qualifications listed in the Summer Programs Handbooks (linked below).
Students registering for morning on-campus programs may also register for afternoon online classes. Students must leave campus as online classes may not be taken while students are on campus.
Before registering for classes, we kindly ask that you carefully read through both the Summer Programs Catalogue and Handbook (linked below) with your child to learn more about our programs and their requirements.
ONLINE ORDERING OF UPPER SCHOOL SUMMER PROGRAM BOOKS
Please refer to the Upper School Summer Catalogue and the course descriptions to determine if your registered courses require books.
The 2021 Summer Programs booklist will be posted in May 2021.
To make online ordering as easy as possible, we have outlined some important points below:
- To order paperback books, go to the MBS Direct website https://bnck-12.com/
iolani.htm. Then, click on "Let's Get Started," follow the prompts and select "Shop by Course." Note: do not enter your student ID.
- If you have any questions about ordering online please call MBS Direct Customer Service at 1-800-325-3252 or email VB@mbsBooks.com.
- For items not available through MBS Direct (i.e. Geometry packets, eTexts), the Summer Programs Office will contact registered families in mid-May with instructions.
Core 6 Week Programs:
June 14, 2021 -- July 23, 2021
July 26, 2021 -- Aug. 6, 2021
2021 REGISTRATION DATES
Registration will open at 12 p.m. (noon, HST)
Current ‘Iolani student registration:
- March 3 (Wed.): entering grades 4, 5 and 6
- March 5 (Fri.): entering grades 2 and 3
- March 8 (Mon.): entering grade 1 and ‘Iolani kindergarten applicants for the 2021-22 school year
- March 10 (Wed.): entering grades 7 and 8
- March 12 (Fri.): entering grade 9
- March 15 (Mon.): entering grades 10, 11 and 12
- March 17 (Wed.): current ‘Iolani students' siblings and accepted ‘Iolani applicants entering grades 6 through 12 for the 2021-22 school year
- March 29 (Mon.): entering grades 4, 5 and 6
- March 31 (Wed.): entering grades 2 and 3
- April 5 (Mon.): entering grades K and 1
- April 7 (Wed.): entering grades 7, 8 and 9
- April 12 (Mon.): entering grades 10, 11 and 12
Registration will close on Friday, May 7, for ALL summer programs.
No refunds starting Friday, May 7.
CONTACT SUMMER PROGRAMS OFFICE:
563 Kamoku Street
Honolulu, Hawai‘i 96826
Lower School Summer Programs Entering Grades K- 6
Upper School Summer Programs Entering Grades 7- 12
Residential Summer Programs Director
Matt Rinkin • firstname.lastname@example.org • (808) 943-2231